Monday, October 17, 2011

MOOC

I had wonderful intentions with the MOOC even though I knew I was in for a busy time.
It didn't work!
I was teaching on Tuesday mornings so unfortunately I missed all of Carole's Elluminate sessions. Will catch up with the recordings.
I also missed a lot of Junita's Thursday sessions as I have a class that finishes at 8pm on Thursdays.
I did enjoy the session I co-presented on the Wednesday night.
Hopefully my chaos has been resolved and I can get back to normal. I have been teaching VCALs and have found it a consuming challenge to engage them and design assessment tasks to enable them to show what they know. Most of them are great kids and we all do our best for them but it just takes one disruptive student to destroy a carefully planned session.

No comments:

Post a Comment